Wednesday 22 August 2007

Into Provence

The county of Provence in southern France is by far the most consistantly beautiful place so far in Europe (I seem to say that a lot). Hilltop villages and castles everywhere, great scenery, vineyards and country roads make for great cycling.
Unfortunately the night before I left Avignon, I had one of my front panniers stolen from outside my tent. So my bike looked and steered quite odd. When I was passing through a small village in Provnce, and man leaned out of his window and asked if I wanted a drink. Jean-Noel provided me with a terrific beer, and upon enquiring about my odd baggage setup, proceeded to give me some new panniers, just like that! Things always have a habit of working out, eh?





Outside Jean-Noels little house



Last shot of Avignon



Chateaux



Its a big problem in France, apparently




Random vista

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw Kyle so jealous u can cycle in provence!!!!!!! i definitely agree that provence IS of the most beautiful landscapes:-) should have gone down to st.marie de la mer too.stunning. but you'll see switz is pretty awesome too:-)